Tips for Properly Taking Your Medication
GUIDLINES FOR TAKING MEDICINES
To ensure maximum safety and benefit from the medications prescribed for you:
- Know the names of your medications, their purpose, and why you are taking them.
- Take your medications as prescribed.
- Do not stop taking any medication prescribed for you without talking to your doctor first.
- Do not take medications prescribed for anyone else, and do not give your medication to friends or relatives.
- Check with your doctor before taking any new non-prescription medication. It could interfere with medications you are currently taking.
All medications have the potential for causing unwanted side effects and individuals may react differently to the same medication. If you experience any symptoms you think may be related to your medication, report them to your doctor.
Store medications in properly labeled containers in a cool, dry place.